My role role in the eduaction system of Latvia
1) The outside methodologist of the Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia, whose main task is to design tests for finishing 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12 th grades as well as work with improving the standarts in mathematics;
2) In cooperation with the publishing house Zvaigzne ABC new stydy books are worked out for the grades 1-9. At the moment I work for the books for the 1st, 5th and 6th grades;
3) Being the director of the study programme I implement the innovations in the study process for teachers of mathematics.
This year the Department of Physics and Mathematics has started working on European Social Fund project "Structuring study content of studies of mathematics and improving their academic environment at the University of Latvia". The financial amount of this project is 300 000 Euro. The main auditing value is designing new study courses for the bachelors of mathematics and teachers of mathematics. 80 % of the teaching stafff of the faculty are involved in the project. The project is closely linked to the Bologna process declaration on higher education.
The teaching staff of the Faculty of Physics and mathematics who are involved in work at schools of Latvia take part in the EU project "Designing Content of Studies in the subjects of natural sciences, mathematics and technologies"
I have experience in two projects:
1)European Social Fund project "Structuring study content of studies of mathematics and improving their academic environment at the University of Latvia";
2)the EU project "Designing Content of Studies in the subjects of natural sciences, mathematics and technologies.
In the first project I am the project coordinator that is next higher position after the project leader. I am responsible about balansing all study courses in mathematics and physics. I take par tin the group designing the study course in algebra and geometry.
In the second project I participate in the work group together with teachers whose task is to design new content of studies in mathematics for secondary school. My experience in working at primary school is useful , so that transition from 9th to 10 th grade might be successful.
In previous years I have participated in the following projects:
1) In the year 2005 I participated in the project "Norma-2005" in Norway, as the coordinator of the Baltic states;
2) Summer school project organized by Sheffield University in Slovenia in 2005 and in 2004 in Austria.